The policy for allowing certain undergraduate students who have not completed all degree requirements to participate in Commencement exercises is:
- Undergraduate students who have not met all degree requirements will be eligible to participate in Commencement exercises only if all of the following are true:
- At the end of D term, the student is within 1 unit of completing all requirements for graduation.
- The student has completed at least 2 of the 3 WPI Project Requirements (Humanities and Arts Requirement, IQP, and MQP).
- Undergraduate students who meet these conditions will be permitted to participate in Commencement exercises but will not receive their diploma. The names of such students will not be included in the Commencement program. The actual degree will be conferred only after all degree requirements have been completed. The student will not be eligible to participate in any future commencement ceremonies for this degree.
- There are no exceptions to this policy.